Recipe: Protein-Packed Healthy Sattu Cookies
All you need this holiday season is love and some cookies! Let’s dive into a recipe that is not only delicious but healthy as well.
Sattu flour is rich in protein, fiber, calcium, iron, manganese and magnesium. Plus this traditional Indian favourite has high amounts of insoluble fiber which is great for the intestines and digestion. It cleanses the colon, and detoxifies it of greasy food, constipation and acidity.
So why not choose healthy this season with this easy recipe?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 20 times
Course: Snacks, parties and tiffin
- 1 Cup Sattu flour (Click here to buy Graminway protein-packed Sattu flour)
- 3/4th cup Jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Green Cardamom Powder
- ½ cup Almonds (You can buy Nourish Organics Honey Roasted Almonds right here)
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4th cup Milk
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients together. Add Sattu flour and Jaggery powder along with salt, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom powder.
- Mix it well with a spatula.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tbsp ghee and pour it into the mix.
- Mixing together until it starts binding lightly. You can check by tightly pressing the powder in your fist, and if it stays together you are almost there. Keep mixing it for 2-3 more minutes and you are done. (It is an important part for your cookies to turn crispy)
- Now gradually pour in the milk and try to form a dough out of it. Don’t over-knead the dough. Cover it and let the dough sit for five minutes in the fridge (Not freezer).
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease the baking tray with some ghee and flour it.
- Make small balls out of the dough and press it in order to flatten it. (Do not put extra pressure).
- Gently put these unbaked cookies on the baking tray, leaving some space between them to allow for expansion while baking (otherwise they might stick onto each other).
- You can sprinkle some crushed honey-coated almonds on top, and put the tray inside the oven to bake.
- Set the oven at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Your cookies are baked. Eat it with milk, tea, coffee or just on their own!
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you enjoyed them!