Singhara (water chestnut) is an important part of Indian fasting rituals due to its energy-boosting properties. Rich in iron, calcium, zinc and carbohydrates, water chestnuts grow in freshwater lakes in India. Its cholesterol and gluten-free (it has a glycemic index ranking of 60) nature makes it suitable for all individuals young or old.
We source water chestnuts from cultivators who don’t use pesticides or chemicals. They also hand pick the fruits for the best quality. We dry them and grind them into atta, which can be used to make parathas, puri, cheela and snacks even outside the popular Navratri fasting period.
- Take Graminway’s Singhara Atta in a mixing bowl and add water
- Knead well and fold in a few drops of oil to make a soft dough
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes
- Graminway’s Singhara Atta can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes.
- It can also act as a thickener when added to soups and sauces.
- Singhara flour can be added to regular flour to soften it as well as to bake gluten-free dishes.
- It also lends an extra crispy texture to deep fried dishes.
A Made in India product