Recipe: Oats are not always BORING!
In a world full of hectic events, where we forget to even have proper meals and proper sleep, how can someone claim that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day?
As bizarre as it may sound, it is definitely true for a few good reasons. “Break-fast,” as the name suggests, is a meal that breaks your overnight fasting spell and revitalizes the blood sugar levels, energy and vigilance, and fills up your body with other nutrients required for a healthier lifestyle.
But if you are usually perplexed about how to balance your meals when you have a chock-a-block morning schedule, quick breakfast recipes with loads of nutrition are the go-to option.
Here is an oats recipes that is bumper, less time consuming, and loaded with nutrition and great flavour!
Let’s say no to boring oats with this Oats Upma recipe!
- Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Ingredients: 1 cup oats (buy them here and here),1 tablespoon oil, a few curry leaves,1 teaspoon mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon cumin (Jeera) seeds, ½ teaspoon urad daal, ½ teaspoon turmeric, ¾th teaspoon salt, vegetables as per choice (onions, carrots, capsicum, peas work well) and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Process: It involves using a pan throughout the process.
- First, dry roast the oats for 5 minutes until the oats turn aromatic and crisp. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, jeera and curry leaves.
- Saute until the jeera turns golden brown.
- Add onions and saute until they sweat slightly.
- Add chopped vegetables.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked well, yet retain their shape.
- Add 1 cup water in the mixture and get it to a boil.
- Put in roasted oats and mix well.
- Mix until the oats absorb all the water.
- Your tasty delish oats upma is ready!
Note: You can garnish it as you may like, with coriander, a tsp of ghee or any preferred combination, and enjoy your hot breakfast even more.
Oats are rich in fibre and low in calories, and are good to be consumed as a breakfast which will keep you active the entire day.
- Buy Rolled Oats right here
Steel Cut Oats are different from rolled oats. Unlike ordinary oats, they are steel cut into groats, thus decreasing your cooking time.
- Buy Gluten-Free Steel Cut Oats right here