Recipe: Orange Cupcakes
There is no wrong time to enjoy the citrusy goodness of oranges. While the tangy juice is an all-favourite during summer, its refreshing aroma is enough to some much-needed warmth and zest (no pun intended!) in the winter months.
Here is an easy recipe for delicious orange cupcakes made with all natural elements and no preservatives. Try them!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 18 minutes
- Flour (for a healthy dessert, you can choose oats flour): 1½ cups (BUY HERE)
- Cornstarch: ¼ cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- A pinch of Salt
- Dried Orange Peel Powder: 2 tbsp (BUY HERE)
- Sugar: 3/4th cup
- Softened Unsalted Butter: ½ cup
- Orange extract: ½ teaspoon
- Orange Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Milk: 1 cup
- Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F .
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, powdering all the lumpy stuff through the sieve.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once fluffy, add the orange extract and juice.
- Mix in the sifted flour along with milk and vinegar.
- Finally, add the dried orange peel powder and fold it well into the batter. The batter is ready.
- Insert the cupcake liners in the muffin tray, and fill them to 3/4th level with the batter.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Check the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready.
- Enjoy! For more flavour and fun, you can sprinkle a dash of freshly ground cinnamon, or top the cupcakes with some candied orange peels, or of course, the good ol' whippped cream!